With gooey marshmallows, rich chocolate and a buttery puff pastry crust, this Easy S’mores Pie is perfect for any season! Whether you’re hosting a backyard barbecue, planning a cozy night in, or simply want to indulge in a nostalgic campfire favorite, this 3-ingredient classic treat will be an instant hit!
A classic s’more around the campfire is the ultimate summertime treat and now you can make it year round with this easy s’more pie recipe! With just a few simple ingredients and easy-to-follow instructions, you can whip up this crowd-pleasing dessert in no time.
It’s just as gooey, rich and delectable as the original but served as a slice rather than sandwiched between two grahams! There is no need to wait for the perfect bonfire weather, just bake, cool and enjoy a slice of toasty, chocolatey pie.
This pie will become your new go to favorite dessert, in rotation with chocolate marshmallow cookies, too, which is like a s’more in cookie form!
Table of Contents
Why You’ll Love This S’mores Dessert
- Classic combination: Toasty marshmallows and milk chocolate with a ‘crust’ to hold it all together is a heavenly treat in a pie form!
- No campfire needed: This s’mores pie is not weather dependent and can be made anytime of the year!
- Easy to make: No complicated steps are involved! Just 3 ingredients and simple easy to follow instructions.
- Customizable: Use a different crust, top with your favorite variety of marshmallow or use a different type of chocolate, the variations are endless.
The beauty of this s’more pie recipe is that it requires only 3 simple ingredients, its so super easy!
- Puff pastry: You will need one puff pastry roll. You can make your own homemade puff pastry or purchase it. Puff pastry can easily be found in the freezer section of most grocery stores.
- Milk chocolate: Milk chocolate bars are best for that classic s’mores taste. Use a good quality milk chocolate for best melting results.
- Marshmallows: I like to use 8 jumbo marshmallows as they puff up the best, but you can use 22-24 regular sized marshmallows.
How to Make S’mores Pie
Prepare pie crust: Unroll the puff pastry pie crust, place in a prepared 8-inch pie plate or tart pan and prick the bottom of the dough with a fork. Cover the dough with parchment paper, add pie weights and bake at 375°F for 10-12 minutes.
Remove pie from the oven, remove pie weights and bake an additional 2-3 minutes. If it puffs up, gently flatten with the bottom of a glass.
Add the chocolate filling: Place the pieces of chocolate bar on the bottom of the baked crust and top with marshmallows, if using jumbo marshmallows cut them in half and place them cut side down on the chocolate, if using regular marshmallows then there is no need to cut them.
Bake: Bake the pie for approximately 15-20 minutes or until the marshmallows are golden brown on top.
Cool and serve: Let your s’more pie cool completely before serving. Slice and enjoy!
S’more Pie Variations
- S’more marshmallows: There are so many fun marshmallow variations at the grocery store these days! There are fruit flavored marshmallows, rainbow colored, Lucky Charms, vanilla flavored and more! You can even buy vegan marshmallows if you would like. Dandies is a popular brand.
- S’more chocolate: A good quality milk chocolate, like Hershey’s chocolate, is popular to use, but don’t let that stop you from using other chocolate varieties! Dark chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate or even white chocolate bars could be used.
- S’mores pie crust: I love flaky puff pastry for a pie crust! It’s so versatile from puff pastry pockets to chocolate crescent rolls. You could make a graham cracker crust, digestive cookie crust, Oreo crust, pretzel crust or even a homemade pie crust if you would like!
- S’mores dip: Serve it warm with some graham crackers, digestive biscuits or fruit for dipping into the chocolatey gooey marshmallows. You may not even need a crust!
Expert Tips to Make S’mores Pie
- Avoid burning your marshmallows: When your marshmallows puff up slightly and start to turn a golden brown on top, this a tell-tale sign of how to tell the pie is done! The chocolate bar in the s’mores pie will also be soft and melty.
- Cool completely: This pie will be almost irresistible warm out of the oven with its gooey texture and heavenly smell. If you can, wait until the pie has cooled completely before trying to slice it.
- Jumbo marshmallows: These marshmallows will puff up the best so if you have them, use them! Regular marshmallows would be second choice and mini marshmallows last.
- Milk chocolate: While you can make the pie with other chocolate, milk chocolate is the classic choice for a s’more!
- Pie weights: It is best to use pie weights to keep the crust from puffing up and shrinking away from the edge of the pan. If you don’t have pie weights, you can use dried beans or even popcorn kernels.
- Toppings and decorations: If you are serving the pie for special occasions add fun sprinkles on top of the marshmallows to fit the holiday. Rainbow for birthdays, red and green for Christmas and so forth.
How to Store
If it lasts that long, store your s’mores pie at room temperature for 2 days or for longer storage wrap the pie either whole or in slices and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
How to serve s’mores pie?
This pie is sweet to the taste! A cold glass of milk or coffee would be great with it! Or a hot chocolate is always a great idea!
What’s the best way to toast the marshmallows?
If you want an even further toasted look to your marshmallows, broil for a minute or two or use a kitchen torch to brown them lightly. Be careful though, just like over the campfire they can go from toasted to charred in a flash!
How do I cut s’mores pie?
This pie is easier to cut once it has cooled down completely. Spraying a knife with cooking spray will also help prevent the marshmallows from sticking to the pie as you cut it. To get extra clean cuts, refrigerate the pie for around 30 minutes before cutting.
Can I freeze leftover pie?
This pie is best fresh, I do not recommend freezing it as the marshmallows will be too hard. You could try to freeze it without the marshmallows and then add toasted marshmallows later, but I have not tried that.
More Easy Chocolate Desserts
- Chewy chocolate chip cookies
- Chocolate chip cookie pie
- Chocolate fudge cake
- Double chocolate bread
- Chocolate chip brownies
Easy S’mores Pie
- 1 puff pastry roll
- 9¾ ounces milk chocolate good quality
- 8 jumbo marshmallows*
*You could use 8 jumbo or approximately 22-24 regular marshmallows.
- Pre-heat oven to 375F/190C. Spray or grease an 8 inch pie plate or tart pan.
- Un roll the puff pastry pie crust, place in the prepared pie plate, trim and crimp edges. Prick the bottom of the dough well with a fork.
- Blind bake the pie. Cover the dough with parchment paper and add dried beans or pie weights on top, bake for approximately 10-12 minutes. Remove the tart from the oven, remove the paper and beans and bake for 2-3 minutes. It may have puffed up, gently flatten with the bottom of a glass.
- Place the pieces of chocolate on the bottom of the baked crust and top with marshmallows, if you use the jumbo marshmallows then cut them in half and place them cut side down on the chocolate, if using regular then no need to cut. Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes or until golden on top. Let cool before serving. Enjoy!