Easy chocolate crescent rolls are made with just 4 ingredients and 2 of them are optional! This recipe for light and flaky crescent rolls filled with oozing chocolate is simple decadence that can't be beat!
These chocolate crescent rolls are so quick and easy to make that you may start looking for excuses to make them! The chocolate filling is what will do you in, especially when it's a homemade chocolate spread, but you can go ahead and use what you like. Even store-bought or Homemade Nutella if you want to make them even easier.
They're a delicious pastry to add to a special occasion brunch menu but they're simple enough to have on any given weekday with your morning cup of coffee. These versatile little pastries are also great for dessert!
You can use a store-bought pastry or pie crust as a shortcut, because who doesn't love a shortcut? However, if you have a little extra time to make your puff pastry from scratch, or you've got an extra pie crust or pie dough in the freezer that you can just thaw overnight, use it. It's worth it!
There is nothing like a warm, flaky, buttery crescent roll that oozes out a chocolatey cream filling to start your day. The next time you've got last-minute company dropping by, keep this recipe handy, you'll be glad you did!
Just 4 ingredients is all you need to make these chocolate crescent rolls!
- Puff pastry/pie crust
- Chocolate cream spread
- Granulated sugar
How to Make Them
If you've got a pie crust or puff pastry on hand, along with your chocolate spread all set to go, this easy recipe comes together under 20 minutes from start to finish.
Roll out the puff pastry or pie crust and cut into 8 triangles.
Place a heaping teaspoon of chocolate spread on the wider end of the triangle and roll it up to the tip.
Transfer each triangle to a parchment-lined cookie sheet and brush with milk and sugar.
Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven until lightly browned and allow to cool on a wire rack before serving.
Dust with powdered sugar if desired.
- The filling will be very hot straight out of the oven, so it's important to allow cooling for a bit.
- Instead of chocolate spread, use a bar of whatever your favorite chocolate is you've got lying around. Even mini chocolate chips will do the trick.
- Swap the chocolate filling altogether and use this recipe with a strawberry filling or lemon curd instead. Better yet, if you've got a special occasion coming up, make a variety of filling flavours, and be sure to include vanilla pastry cream!
- Skip the store-bought pastry and make homemade puff pastry or pie crust instead.
- Have leftover pie dough? Make this fresh fruit flan for an easy, yet show-stopping dessert.
Yes! You can even triple this recipe. It's just a matter of having as much dough as you need and adding the necessary amount of filling to each piece.
Chocolate crescent rolls can be enjoyed warm as much as they can at room temperature the next day! Keep them stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days on the counter.
Easy Chocolate Crescent Rolls
- 1 round puff pastry or pie crust (homemade or store bought)
- 1 cup easy chocolate cream spread (homemade)*
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- 1-2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350F (180C). Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out the puff pastry or pie crust. Cut into 8 triangles. Place a heaping teaspoon of Chocolate Spread on the bottom of each triangle and roll up.
- Place each triangle on the prepared cookie sheet, brush with milk (and sprinkle with granulated sugar if desired), bake for approximately 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool on wire rack and serve dusted with powdered sugar if desired. Enjoy!