Easy Nutella Pastries made with just four ingredients! These flaky, butter pastries are stuffed with Nutella for a decadent breakfast treat, dessert, or snack. They’re made with frozen puff pastry, so they’re so easy to make.
I’m combining two of my favorite things in this recipe: chocolate hazelnut spread and buttery puff pastry! These Nutella puff pastry pockets taste like they came from a fancy bakery, but there’s so easy to make.
4 Ingredient Nutella Pastries
The best part is that you only need four ingredients to make them. They take no time to prepare and will be out of the oven in no time at all.
Taking a bite of a warm Nutella pastry is the best way to start the day – or make them any time of day! They’re so easy, you can make a batch without hardly any work at all.
- Frozen puff pastry – Thaw it first following the package directions. If you prefer you can make your own Puff Pastry.
- Nutella – Store bought or Homemade
- Milk – 2% or whole milk
- Granulated sugar
Tip: You can swap the Nutella for homemade chocolate cream spread!
How to Make Them
Place a thawed puff pastry sheet on a work surface. Lightly roll it a few times so it’s an even thickness.
Use a sharp knife or pizza cutter to cut the dough into ten squares. Place five of the squares on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
Spoon some Nutella in the center of each square on the baking sheet. With the rest of the squares, use your knife to slice three slits in each. These will vent steam as the pastries bake.
Place the squares with the slits on top of the squares on the baking sheet. Use a fork to crimp the edges so the two pieces of dough are sealed. This will prevent the filling from oozing out when the pastries bake.
Brush the tops of each pastry with milk and sprinkle granulated sugar over the top. Place the pan in the refrigerator and chill the pastries for 15 to 20 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 375°F and bake the puff pastry pockets for 15 to 20 minutes or until they are golden brown.
Different Ways to Serve Them
You can enjoy them plain or dress them up:
- Dust them with powdered sugar.
- Pair them with your favorite breakfast foods for breakfast.
- For dessert, serve them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce drizzled over the top.
Or, just devour them warm from the oven immediately. That’s my favorite!
How to Store Nutella Pastry Pockets
These are best eaten within a few hours, but if you have leftovers you can cover them well with plastic wrap or place in an airtight container and refrigerate. Warm up in a low oven or microwave before serving.
No one will guess how easy these Nutella puff pastry pockets were to make – everyone will think you picked them up at the bakery! You might want to make a double batch, they’re that good. Enjoy!
More Recipes to Try
- Each Chocolate Crescent Rolls
- Double Chocolate Bread
- Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
- Soft Nutella Muffins
Nutella Puff Pastry Pockets
- 1 roll puff pastry (homemade or store bought)
- ½ cup Nutella (firm)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Thaw the puff pastry if frozen, then gently roll a couple of times to even it out. Cut into 10 squares, 5 of the squares make 3 slits the other 5 leave untouched, place the squares on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Divide the Nutella between the untouched squares and top each with a slit square. Seal the edges with the tongs of a fork (dip it in water to help seal it better). Brush each with milk and sprinkle with sugar. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes while the oven is pre-heating.
- Pre-heat oven to 375F (190C).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on a wire rack. Dust with powdered sugar before serving. Enjoy!