Simple Kinder Bueno Bars
Soft and chewy simple Kinder Bueno bars are packed with Kinder Bueno wafers and two types of chocolate chips. These cookie bars are gooey, delicious, irresistible, plus so easy to make just like our Easy Pecan Pie Bars!
Decadent nut bars and chocolate chip brownies are two other dessert bar recipes we can’t get enough of!
Rich and buttery cookie bars are amazing enough on their own, but then we decided to add chopped Kinder bueno to them and they became next level good.
These simple Kinder Bueno bars are chewy like a cookie, but thick like a blondie. The creamy hazelnut filling in the candy infuses the bar with its nutty taste and the crispy wafers add some crunch.
One bite and this giant cookie bar dessert will be on repeat in your kitchen. Friends and family will ask for you to make it again and again, it’s so insanely good!
Kinder bueno cookie bars are a great year round treat, too! Pack one for a lunchbox snack or make them for a special weekend dessert, they are sure to satisfy any cookie cravings.
Table of Contents
Why You’ll Love Kinder Bueno Bars
- Simple to make: So easy even the kids could help make them!
- Quick: Ready in about 30 minutes with easy to find ingredients.
- Crowd pleasing: Everyone will love these handheld cookie bars that are so rich and gooey.
- Chocolate-y: If you love decadent bakes with chocolate, this recipe is for you with both Kinder bueno bars, dark chocolate chips and white chocolate chips!
Ingredients Needed to make Kinder Bueno Bars
Most of the ingredients for these Kinder Bueno bars you may already have on hand and if you don’t they are simple and easy to find at your local grocery store.
- All purpose flour: No other flour has been tested in these cookie bars.
- Baking soda: A leavening agent to help the bars rise.
- Cornstarch: Aids in the thick and chewy cookie texture.
- Butter: Unsalted butter is best, but if salted is all you have, omit the added salt.
- Sugars: Lightly packed brown sugar adds moisture and rich taste to these bars, while granulated sugar gives these that slight cookie crisp we love.
- Egg: For binding your ingredients together.
- Vanilla extract: Pure vanilla extract is best for baked goods.
- Kinder Bueno candy: Adds great texture and sweetness! You will need about 4 wafers chopped.
- Chocolate chips: Both dark chocolate and white chocolate make these so decadent!
How to Make Kinder Bueno Bars
These easy to make cookie bars require minimal equipment! A few bowls, a whisk, and to start with you will need to prep an 8 inch square pan lined with parchment paper for baking.
Dry ingredients: Whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and cornstarch in a medium bowl until no lumps remain then set aside.
Wet ingredients: In a small saucepan, melt butter and let it cool slightly. Transfer butter to another medium bowl and whisk it together with both sugars until combined, about 2 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and whisk again until combined.
Combine ingredients: Add dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until a thick dough has formed. Gently fold in the chocolate chips and chopped Kinder Bueno bars.
Bake and serve: Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes in the pan before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
Substitutions and Variations
- Cornstarch: Add one more tablespoon of all purpose flour if you do not have cornstarch.
- Butter: You can use a buttery baking spread if preferred.
- Gluten free: Try using just Kinder chocolate bar instead of wafer as well as use a gluten free 1:1 flour.
- Chocolate chips: Use your favorite. Semi-sweet chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, or dark chocolate chips, sweetness will change depending on what you use.
- Chocolate drizzle: Reserve some of your chocolate chips to melt and drizzle over the top of the bars.
- Fluffier: For fluffier Kinder Bueno cookie bars, use three times the amount of baking powder instead of baking soda. This will make your bars so light and airy!
- Room temperature egg: Ingredients blend better at room temperature.
- Cool butter slightly: After melting your butter, cool slightly to avoid cooking your egg.
- Extra chocolate goodness: Add some extra chopped Kinder bueno chocolate or chocolate chips on top of your bars before baking.
- Ovens vary: All ovens temperatures vary when it comes to baking! Start checking about 5 minutes before done and remove once golden.
What to Pair with Your Kinder Bueno Cookie Bars
Kinder chocolate bars are so decadent on their own but here are a few pairing suggestions to make them even more delicious!
- Ice cream: No churn butter pecan ice cream is so delicious with a warm Kinder Bueno bar! Or crumble some bars on top of this easy chocolate milkshake.
- Drinks: During the fall pair with a warm pumpkin spice latte or during the summer strawberry lemonade!
- Dessert platter: Make a dessert platter with other favorites like cherry crumb bars or coconut white chocolate truffles!
Can I make these into cookies?
While this has not been tested, you may be able to but would need to add more flour, otherwise they would spread too much.
Can I add cocoa powder?
A more brownie-like bar would be delicious! Cocoa powder is a bit more drier than flour though, so you would need to take out more flour than the cocoa powder you add.
How do I store leftovers?
Store in an airtight container for 5-7 days, if they last that long! Warm them up briefly in the microwave to achieve that gooey texture!
Can I freeze Kinder Bueno bars?
Freeze baked bars wrapped tightly in plastic wrap for a few months. Thaw before serving. You can also freeze unbaked dough for a few months. Thaw and bake as directed.
More Cookie Favorites
- Crunchy chocolate chip cookies
- Chocolate chip shortbread cookies
- Chocolate chip marshmallow cookies
- Double chocolate chip drop cookies
Simple Kinder Bueno Bars
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons All purpose flour (139 grams total)
- ½ teaspoon Baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ½ tablespoon Cornstarch
- ¼ cup Butter – unsalted
- 2¼ tablespoons Granulated sugar
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons Brown sugar (lightly packed) (67 grams total)
- 1 large Egg
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla
- 4 wafers Kinder bueno wafers – chopped (about 4 wafers) (100 grams)
- ¼ cup Dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup White chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 F (190C) and line an 8 inch square pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and cornstarch and set aside.
- In a small pot melt the butter and let it cool slightly. Transfer the butter to another medium bowl and whisk it together with the brown sugar and granulated sugar until combined, about 2 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and whisk again until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until a thick dough has formed. Add the chocolate chips and chopped kinder bueno and fold into the mix.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and add some extra chopped kinder bueno on top or some extra chocolate chips if you want.
- Bake the bars for about 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- When ready, leave in the pan to cool for about 10 minutes then move to a cooling rack to finish cooling down. Cut and serve. Enjoy!