Learn how to make a warm and cozy Pumpkin Spice Latte at home without a fancy coffee maker or other special tools! This pumpkin latte is better than any coffee shop drink and less expensive, too. You’ll love sipping on this warm coffee drink to get your day started right.
If you love specialty coffee drinks from the coffee shop and thought you couldn’t make them at home, then this is your lucky day! you’re going to love this recipe!
And, since it’s Fall, why not learn how to make a pumpkin spice latte? It’s one of my favorite Fall coffee drinks and making one at home will save you time and money. No more waiting in line at the cafe to get your fix!
It’s so easy you can make one in the morning – you don’t need a fancy espresso machine! Or, why not make one for an afternoon break? Pair this pumpkin latte with a blueberry muffin and you won’t miss the coffee shop at all.
Table of Contents
- Milk – I like to use whole milk for this recipe, but you can use 2% milk or even almond milk or oat milk if you prefer dairy-free milk.
- Pumpkin puree – This is not the same thing as pumpkin pie filling so double-check the label.
- Maple syrup – This is a sweetener for the drink and adds flavor. Or, you can use coffee syrups like vanilla syrup to sweeten the drink.
- Pumpkin pie spice – This is a spice blend made with a mixture of nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon, ginger, and allspice.
- Vanilla extract
- Strong brewed coffee – You can use your regular coffee pot, but just brew the coffee stronger than you normally would.
How to Make Pumpkin Lattes
Heat the milk: I like to do this in a small saucepan on the stove. You want to heat it until it’s steaming hot but not boiling. You can also heat the milk in a microwave but heat it in increments so you can check when it’s heated enough.
Blend: Once you have your hot milk, place it in a blender with the pumpkin puree, syrup, spices, vanilla, and coffee. Blend until the mixture is frothy.
Serve: Pour the coffee milk mixture into two large mugs and serve!
You can serve the coffee plain or add some toppings just like you’d get at a coffee shop:
- Whipped cream
- A sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice or ground cinnamon
- Grated chocolate
- A drizzle of caramel sauce or chocolate sauce
Once you try this homemade pumpkin spice latte recipe you’ll skip the expensive coffee shop drinks! Plus, you don’t have to leave the house to get your fix – keep the ingredients on hand so you can make one whenever you’re craving a warm coffee drink. Enjoy!
More Easy Recipes
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 2 cups milk (whole)
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- ½-¾ teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup strong coffee
Whipped cream, grated chocolate or cinnamon for topping.
- In a small pot scald the milk. Do not bring to a boil.
- In a blender add the pumpkin puree, maple syrup, pumpkin spice, vanilla, coffee and the hot milk. Blend until frothy.
- Divide the blend between 2 large mugs, add whipping cream and grated chocolate or cinnamon on top if desired. Serve immediately. Enjoy!