Sit back and enjoy sipping on a glass of easy homemade strawberry lemonade all summer long! It's made with fresh lemons and strawberries, it's the perfect balance of sweet and tart. A pure, refreshing lemonade, the best summertime drink!
A pitcher of refreshing lemonade is a timeless thirst quencher, especially on hot days! Whether you're enjoying a glass for breakfast to wash down your strawberry scones, or having a glass on the back deck in the afternoon, adding fresh juicy strawberries into the mix, it takes it to another level!
There aren't many ingredients in this lemonade. It's just 5 and one of them is water. So you can imagine how easy it is to whip up!
It's a simple dump, blend, strain, and serve recipe which is flexible enough to adjust the ratio of sweet to tart to your liking. This makes it so much healthier than anything bought in a bottle!
Have some fun poolside this summer and serve your friends and family a pitcher of the best homemade strawberry lemonade. Adding a shot of vodka for the adults wouldn't hurt either!
What's in this Strawberry Lemonade?
- Strawberries - Look for ripe, plump, red strawberries that smell sweet. If you grow your own, this is a great way to show them off. Wash and hull them beforehand.
- Granulated sugar - Used to sweeten and soften the strawberries while they are puréed.
- Fine sugar - Use this in the drink itself as it dissolves easier and won't leave behind granules.
- Water - Some to purée the strawberries and some to make the drink.
- Lemon juice - What's lemonade without fresh lemon juice?! Not from the bottle!
How to Make Pink Lemonade
Combine strawberries, sugar, and a cup of water in a blender and purée until smooth.
Add this mixture to the remaining water, followed by the fine sugar, and lemon juice.
Using a sieve, strain the mixture directly into a bottle or jug. Use a spatula to press down gently onto the remaining strawberry purée to extract as much of the liquid as possible.
Allow it to chill for at least a couple of hours before serving. Enjoy!
- Make sure to wash and hull the strawberries first. To remove the green stem, use a ¼ tsp measuring spoon to scoop it out if you don't have an actual strawberry huller.
- If your strawberries are very ripe, you may find you need less sugar. Start with a bit less and then add more if needed.
- You'll notice that the amount of water also affects how sweet it is. If you want it sweet, use less water.
- Only add ice to the glass before serving. If you add ice to the pitcher or jar, it will dilute the drink. Try frozen fruit instead!
- Easily double or halve the recipe, depending on how many people you're serving.
- Keep any leftover strawberries to make an easy strawberry sauce or leftover lemons for a homemade lemon bundt cake.
Ways to Serve Easy Homemade Strawberry Lemonade
- With fresh or frozen sliced strawberries on the rim!
- Before serving, run a lemon slice around the rim of the glass, then turn it over into some granulated sugar for a sugar-rimmed glass.
- Pour in a splash of vodka or even strawberry flavoured vodka for a little something extra!
- Instead of ice cubes, use frozen strawberries. They would also look pretty in the pitcher itself!
- For a special poolside treat for the kids, pour it into a popsicle mold and have some strawberry lemonade-flavored popsicles!
- Fresh mint leaves are always a beautiful garnish.
You can! Frozen strawberries come with a bit of extra water content and are not generally as sweet as fresh ripe strawberries. Thaw them first and blend away!
Technically yes, but keep in mind it may alter the flavor of your strawberry lemonade. Agave is great, as is erythritol or monk fruit extract. Honey and maple syrup will also work, but again, will change the taste.
There are so many variations to this drink just by replacing strawberries with different fruit! Basically, any fruit that you can purée! Think blueberry lemonade, blackberry lemonade, or even cherry lemonade. So good!
So when you are looking for a cold Summer drink I hope you give this Easy Homemade Strawberry Lemonade a try. Enjoy!
Easy Homemade Strawberry Lemonade
- 7 large strawberries
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 4 cups water (divided)
- ½ cup sugar*
- 1 cup lemon juice
*Using fine sugar is best since it will dissolve a lot easier.
- In a blender add the strawberries, sugar and 1 cup of water, blend until smooth.
- Combine the strawberry mixture with the remaining 3 cups of water, sugar and lemon juice. Strain through a sieve. Pour into a large jug or bottle. Refrigerate 2-3 hours until chilled well, serve over ice with fresh or frozen strawberry slices if desired. Enjoy!