These Energy Bites are an easy no bake healthier treat. Perfect as a post-workout pick-me-up or as a good-for-you afternoon kid’s snack. No fuss, fast and easy and with few delicious ingredients!
After the gym I usually buy myself some energy balls, but as food has gotten pretty expensive these days, I decided, why not make my own?
- Oats – rolled oats
- Chia seeds – can be substituted with flax seeds or a combination of both
- Peanut butter – crunchy, smooth or natural peanut butter
- Honey – or maple syrup
- Coconut – unsweetened
- Chocolate chips – semi sweet or milk or a mixture
Are chia seeds good for you?
The seeds are high in fiber, which can help to lower high blood pressure and, which can help reduce your risk of developing heart disease. Chia seeds are also high in fibre.
How to make them
In a blender or food processor add the rolled oats, chia seeds, peanut butter, honey, coconut and vanilla. Blend until combined.
Stir in the chocolate chip. Roll into 1 inch balls and place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
Are No Bake Energy Bites healthy?
Also known as Protein Bites, this snack is packed with nutrients, they are high in protein, contain healthy fats, carbs and fibre. Therefore they are filling and help rebuild muscle.
- If the mixture is too soft, refrigerate 30-40 minutes before rolling into a ball.
- These can also be made into bars. Place the mixture into a parchment paper lined square baking pan. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours before cutting.
- Mini chocolate chips mix easier than regular, although regular can be used.
- Try not to eat them all at once! 😉
The perfect substitutes are: almond, cashew, walnut, hazelnut and pecan butters. These are great at providing heart-healthy fats, fiber, and antioxidants.
Yes, you can. It’s best to use finely ground nuts such as walnuts, hazelnuts or almonds. You might need to add a little more honey to get it to stick together or you can add less oats.
The bites should be stored in an airtight container or bag in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Place the bites on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet in the freezer and freeze for 1 hour or until firm. Move to a freezer safe container or bag and freeze. They will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
I hope you enjoy these No Bake Energy Bites as much as I do! Let me know what you think!
More No Bake Recipes
No Bake Energy Bites
- 1 cup Rolled oats
- ¼ cup Chia seeds or flax seeds
- ½ cup Peanut butter
- ¼ cup Honey
- ¼ cup Coconut
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- ¼ cup Chocolate chips (mini semi sweet)
- In a blender or food processor add the rolled oats, chia seeds, peanut butter, honey, coconut and vanilla. Blend until combined, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in the chocolate chip. Roll into 1 inch balls and place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours before eating. Enjoy!
Today is Taste Creations Week! Please check out these other delicious Recipes from my Food Blogger Friends.
- Terri from Our Good Life – Quick and Easy Candy Sushi
- Nikki from Tikkido – Apple Scones Recipe
- Lauren from Mom Home Guide – Pimento Cheese Dip