No Churn Pistachio Ice Cream
No Churn Pistachio Ice Cream, an easy homemade ice cream recipe with five ingredients. You don’t need an ice cream maker – just an electric mixer! Creamy, cold pistachio ice cream will be your new favorite summer dessert.
Hand me a bowl of creamy pistachio ice cream and I will happily scrape up every last bite – it’s definitely one of my all-time favorites and the best part is that you can make it at home. You don’t need an ice cream machine and you don’t need a ton of ingredients. It’s so easy.
The secret for the best no churn pistachio ice cream is pistachio cream. Depending on where you are, you may find it at the grocery store or you can order it online. You can also make your own pistachio cream – it’s easy!
You can use it just like other nut butter and it gives the ice cream a great pistachio flavor. Of course, I like to add more chopped pistachios to give the ice cream extra flavor and a nice nutty texture.
Are you ready to make your own no churn ice cream? I know you will love how easy it is and the taste of this homemade pistachio ice cream is amazing.
Table of Contents
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Heavy whipping cream
- Pistachio cream – homemade or storebought
- Vanilla extract
- Roasted pistachios finely chopped
Whisk the sweetened condensed milk, pistachio cream, and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
Whip the heavy cream with an electric mixer at high speed in a large mixing bowl until stiff peaks form.
Carefully fold the milk mixture into the whipped cream until combined. Stir in some of the nuts and reserve the rest for the topping.
Transfer the mixture to a loaf pan and sprinkle the rest of the nuts over the top. Cover the pan and freeze the ice cream for at least three to five hours or until firm.
What flavoring goes with pistachio?
If you want to enhance the flavor of the pistachio try subbing the same amount of almond extract for the vanilla extract.
Chocolate pairs well, too! Substitute some of the nuts for chocolate chips – dark chocolate or milk chocolate chips would work well.
Citrus like orange or lemon also goes well, too. Try adding some lemon zest or orange zest when you mix the sweetened condensed milk. A little goes a long way!
Is pistachio ice cream dyed green?
Sometimes pistachio ice cream (both commercial brands and homemade recipes) has green food coloring. I don’t use that in my recipe, but if you prefer you can use it. A few drops are plenty.
Recipe Tips for the Best Ice Cream
When you combine the whipped cream and milk mixture use a folding motion. It takes longer than stirring, but will prevent the whipped cream from deflating. This will ensure your ice cream is creamy and light.
I usually freeze this ice cream overnight so it’s nice and firm.
Keep the ice cream in the coldest part of your freezer (usually in the back) and it will keep well for up two weeks.
Ready to grab your ice cream scoop and treat yourself to this pistachio ice cream recipe? It’s the best treat when it’s warm – Enjoy!
More Dessert Recipes
No Churn Pistachio Ice Cream
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups cream (whole/heavy or whipping cream at least 30% fat)
- ¾ cup pistachio cream*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼-½ cup finely chopped roasted pistachios (optional)
*Pistachio Cream homemade or store bought.
- On a cookie sheet place the pistachios and roast in a pre-heated 350F (180C) oven for 8-10 minutes. Move to a clean bowl to cool then chop.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, pistachio cream and vanilla.
- In a large bowl whip the cream until stiff peaks appear.
- Gently fold in the condensed milk/pistachio cream mixture into the whipped cream and combine well. If you want you can stir in some or all of nuts.
- Place the mixture into a loaf pan or large freezer safe pan, sprinkle with some or all of the chopped pistachios. Cover and freeze at least 3- 5 hours or until firm, even better to freeze over night. Enjoy!
How do I make pistachio cream?
Hi Patricia, the link to make the cream is in the recipe card or you can copy and paste this link. https://anitalianinmykitchen.com/pistachio-cream/ , take care.