Moist and sweet strawberry bread is full of fresh diced strawberries! This easy to make quick bread recipe comes together in only 15 minutes and is a great way to celebrate strawberry season.
If you love fruit bread, you have to make this cherry bread next!
This fresh strawberry bread recipe with diced strawberries and cinnamon smells so heavenly while it bakes! It’s moist, fragrant, and so flavorful with a tasty crumb topping.
It’s perfect for strawberry season or anytime you have an abundance of strawberries!
You will love how easy it is to make this quick bread, no special equipment is even needed. The hardest part will be just waiting for it to bake in the oven.
Table of Contents
A full list of ingredients for this strawberry loaf can be found at the bottom, here are a few highlights and notes.
- All purpose flour: This flour is best for this recipe as it will produce the best tender results.
- Granulated sugar: White granulated will add sweetness to the bread, don’t use brown sugar it will add too much moisture and this is an already moist bread.
- Milk: I recommend at least 2% for best flavor.
- Butter: Adds a lush richness to this bread and is best for the crumb topping.
- Baking powder: For leavening and rise, make sure it is not expired.
- Strawberries: Pick fresh strawberries that are bright red and firm for the sweetest results.
How to Make Strawberry Bread
It’s so easy to make this quick bread, you don’t even need an electric mixer! To start you will need to preheat your oven to 375 degrees F and prep a 9×5 inch loaf pan for baking.
- Combine dry ingredients: In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar and baking powder add the butter and combine to form coarse crumbs.
- Transfer ¾ cups into a small bowl and stir in the cinnamon. Set aside.
- Mix wet ingredients then combine: In a medium bowl with a fork, beat the milk, eggs and vanilla until well combined, add to the flour mixture just until combined.
- Add strawberries: Gently fold in the chopped strawberries.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle with the crumb mixture.
- Bake and cool: Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Let cool in the pan for 15-20 minutes then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
Pro Tips for Best Results
- Toss strawberries in flour: This prevents them from sinking to the bottom of the loaf pan.
- Avoid opening the oven door: This causes cool kitchen air to fill the oven and this drastic change in temperature might cause your bread to collapse in the middle.
- Don’t overmix the batter: Only 15 stirs or so does the trick, don’t stir more than that or it might lead to dense and chewy strawberry bread!
- Measure your flour accurately: Spooning the flour into your measuring cup will help fluff it, then level with a knife for accuracy.
- Your loaf pan: Baking time is dependent on the size of your pan and if your pan is metal or glass. Start checking at 50 minutes to ensure you don’t over bake this delicate bread.
- Decadent option: While the crumb topping makes this super tasty, you could add a glaze of strawberry cream cheese frosting to really amp up that strawberry flavor!
Frequently Asked Questions
It’s easy to make this recipe into muffins! Spray or line a muffin tin with liners. Prepare the recipe as directed. Bake for 25-30 minutes, starting to check for doneness at 25 minutes.
This bread is moist due to the strawberries; store it in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Yes! You can freeze individual slices for a grab and go snack or the loaf as a whole. Wrap slices or the entire quick bread with plastic wrap, place in a freezer safe bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator or defrost from frozen in the microwave.
Unfortunately not, they will make this strawberry bread too moist and the texture will become mushy.
Sure! Results might differ, try a combination of berries or whatever you have on hand. You may love this cranberry bread recipe when the seasons change!
More Quick Breads You Will Love:
- Double chocolate bread
- Homemade pumpkin bread
- Simple yogurt bread
- Pecan cinnamon bread
- Double chocolate banana bread
- 2½ cups All purpose flour
- 1¼ cups Granulated sugar
- 1½ teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 pinch Salt (if using unsalted butter then add ¼ teaspoon of salt)
- 1 cup Butter (cut in pieces)
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¾ cup Milk (I use 2%)
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 cups Medium chopped strawberries (toss with 1 tablespoon flour)
- Pre-heat oven to 375F (190). Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar and baking powder add the butter and combine to form coarse crumbs (not too big pieces). Transfer ¾ cups into a small bowl and stir in the cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl beat with a fork the milk, eggs and vanilla until well combined, add to the flour mixture just until combined (about 15 stirs), gently fold in the strawberries.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan, sprinkle with the crumb mixture. Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Let cool in the pan 15-20 minutes then move to a wire rack to cool completely.