When you are looking for a simple grab-n-go snack or a quick and easy lunch idea these adorable veggie pizza muffins are the perfect anytime recipe! Made with fresh veggies and spices topped with mozzarella these mini pizzas will become your new favourite!
Table of Contents
Easy Veggie Pizza Muffins
Typically pizza night is on a weekend and on those days when I have a bit more downtime I like to make a simple tomato and cheese pizza also known as a Margherita pizza or a delicious Potato Pizza or Focaccia Bread, but to be honest a simple white pizza is definitely one of my kids’ favourite!
Pizza seems to have taken on a life of its own. Depending on who you ask everyone in North America has their idea of not only where to get the best pizza but what to put on it, what kind of crust is better and whether or not to get a side of dipping sauce!
American pizza is good, but there really is no comparison to fresh, homemade Italian pizza. What all pizza has in common these days is that there is so much variety to them, no matter who is making it or where you’re eating it!
These Easy Veggie Pizza Muffins are a fun way to shake up your everyday pizza with the convenience and simplicity of a quick snack and all of the flavour of a traditional Italian pizza. It’s a simple recipe your kids can help you with (and they won’t even mind adding the veggies!). I can bet they would be a fantastic finger food idea for your next party!
Making a Homemade Dough is always worth the extra time and effort however to keep this recipe as simple as possible store-bought dough works just as well. I promise I won’t tell 🙂
Best toppings for pizza muffins
This Pizza muffin recipe uses onion, mushrooms, peppers and grape tomatoes which is an awesome way to use up any leftover veggies you have in your fridge.
Ingredients Needed For Veggie Pizza Muffins
- Pizza Dough: Homemade or store-bought. They will both work perfectly for this recipe.
- Olive Oil: To cook the vegetables.
- Vegetables of your choice: We are using garlic, mushrooms, peppers, onions and tomatoes.
- Spices and Herbs: Basil leaves, a staple in Italian kitchens and especially for pizza recipes, oregano and salt. They give all the flavour needed to the recipe. The perfect Italian seasoning.
- Mozzarella Cheese: The queen of cheeses when it comes to pizza.
How to make them
Preheat your oven and grease your muffin tin.
In a large frying pan add the oil, chopped veggies, onion, and garlic and stir until tender.
Unroll your dough, cut into rounds and place each round into each of the muffin cups pushing in gently to fill the cup.
Add veggie mixture to each one, sprinkle the top with mozzarella cheese and bake for 6-8 minutes.
How to store them
Once cooled wrap pizza muffins individually in foil or freezer wrap. They will keep 1-2 days at room temperature and a week in the fridge. To freeze them, keep them in freezer wrap and place in an airtight bag or airtight container keeping as much air out as possible.
These simple veggie pizza muffins are just as delicious when reheated. To reheat simply place unwrapped muffins back in the oven at 300F for about 10 minutes or until hot.
What can I do with leftover pizza sauce?
The best thing about the leftover sauce is you don’t have to make a new sauce the next time you make pasta. Another quick and Easy Weeknight Pasta dinner is made possible the very next day using leftover pizza sauce.
Easy Veggie Pizza Muffins make a great meal prep recipe for busy weeknights so go ahead and make a batch adding your favorite pizza toppings!
More Pizza Recipes
- Pizza Dough Ideas
- Refrigerator Dough Fig, Goat Cheese and Prosciutto Pizza
- Italian Pizza Bread Recipe
- Stove Top Skillet Pan Pizza
- Three Cheese Focaccia
Easy Veggie Pizza Muffins
- 1-2 rolls pizza dough (homemade or bought)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 cups mushrooms (chopped)
- 1 medium pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 10-12 grape tomatoes (seeded and chopped)
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella (118 grams)
- In a large frying pan add the oil, garlic, chopped veggies and spices, cook on medium heat, stirring often until tender.
- Pre-heat oven to 400F (200C). Grease and flour a 12 medium cup muffin tin.
- Un roll the dough and with a round (3 1/2" / 8 1/2cm) cutter cut out 12 rounds. Place one in each muffin cup, gently push to fill the cup. Divide the mixture between each muffin, top with shredded firm mozzarella and bake for approximately 6-8 minutes. Let sit 2 minutes then serve. Enjoy!