Easy Coconut Bread Recipe
Coconut bread is an easy quick bread recipe that’s sweet, soft, and full of coconut flavor. It’s the perfect breakfast, brunch, or anytime sweet bread that’s so easy to make.
For a quick and easy bread recipe, you can’t go wrong with coconut bread. It’s so simple but the flavors are great, especially if you love coconut like I do.
This is a quick bread so you don’t need any yeast and it’s very quick to make the batter. You’ll be taking it out of the oven in less than an hour!
I spread the top of this loaf with jam for an extra sweet taste, but you can leave it plain and set out different flavored jams and let everyone pick their favorite for their slice.
It really is the best anytime bread that’s great for breakfast, brunch, or as an afternoon treat. I love a slice with a cup of coffee. It really is so good.
Table of Contents
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Large eggs plus an extra egg yolk at room temperature
- Vanilla extract
- Unsweetened coconut
- Granulated sugar
- Vegetable oil
- Jam (I like strawberry, cherry, or apricot) and extra coconut for sprinkling
Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl.
In a large bowl, beat the eggs, extra yolk, vanilla, coconut, sugar, and oil until the mixture is smooth.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
Pour the batter into a prepared 9″ loaf pan and bake it for 35 to 40 minutes at 350°F. The coconut bread is done when a toothpick comes out clean or with just a few crumbs attached.
Cool the bread in the pan for 10 to 15 minutes and then turn it onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Spread the jam over the top of the loaf and sprinkle the coconut over the jam. Slice and enjoy!
What’s the best way to store coconut bread?
It will keep well at room temperature for several days as long as it’s tightly wrapped in plastic wrap.
You can also freeze coconut bread for several months. Double wrap it in plastic wrap for the best results and let it thaw in at room temperature before serving it.
Tips for the Best Bread
Use two bowls for this recipe – one to mix the dry ingredients and another to mix the wet ingredients. Doing it this way ensures the flour mixture is well combined and you won’t overmix the batter when you add them to the wet ones.
You will need desiccated coconut for this recipe which is finely ground coconut. It’s not the same as shredded coconut so double-check you have the right kind when you buy it.
Take your eggs out of the refrigerator at least an hour before making the batter. Room temperature eggs are easier to mix so your batter is nice and smooth.
Be sure to check the bread while it’s baking and take it out of the oven once the toothpick comes out clean. That way your bread will be moist instead of dry.
If you love coconut, use coconut extract in the batter instead of vanilla. You can use the same amount and your bread will have a stronger coconut flavor.
No matter what time of day you serve this coconut bread, everyone will love to try a slice or two! Soft and moist with that delicious coconut flavor – Enjoy!
More Easy Bread Recipes
Easy Coconut Bread Recipe
- 1⅓ cups + 1 tablespoon all purpose flour (175 grams total)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 large egg yolk (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup unsweetened coconut (desiccated)
- ½ cup + 1½ tablespoons granulated sugar (119 grams total)
- ¾ cup +2 tablespoons vegetable oil (I use sunflower or corn oil) (175 grams total)
- ¼-⅓ cup jam (strawberry, cherry or apricot)
- ⅓ cup sweetened or unsweetened coconut (type of choice)
- Pre-heat oven to 350F (180C). Grease and flour a 9 inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl beat until smooth the eggs, yolk, vanilla, coconut, sugar and oil. Add the dry ingredients and beat until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Transfer to the prepared loaf pan and bake approximately 35-40 minutes, test with a toothpick for doneness, when the toothpick is dry or a few crumbs attached it is done. Let cool 10-15 minutes then remove from the pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Spread with the jam and sprinkle with coconut before serving. Enjoy!